Good afternoon my beauties! Today I am excited to share with you all my thoughts about the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadows that debuted earlier this year. I have to say thanks for Koko over at Kokofemme on youtube for influencing me to buy these amazing little wonders. I discovered them by watching her review on her youtube channel! Thanks Koko!! You all have to check out her channel. I love her! In addition to Koko’s influence I have to thank all of my facebook divas from my Beauty Chameleon Facebook page for influencing me to check them out and create a review! Thank you team Chameleon for making me purchase them all, lol. So let’s take a look:
First let’s talk about the Color Tattoo 24 hour cream gel Eye Shadow. These little cute pots contains about .14oz 4g of product for only $6.99 each. The packaging reminds me of the L’oreal hip eyeliner packaging. It has a class jar with a black lid to keep them from drying out. I have to say I had these for almost a month and they are not showing any signs of dry out which is awesome! The consistency of eye shadow is very smooth and creamy which give them the ability to blend easily. I highly recommend using your finger tips to apply them on or a synthetic flat eye shadow brush for a smooth application. Do not use a fluffy eyeshadow brush, hence poor application with those.
You can find them at Walgreen’s, CVS, and pretty much any drugstore in your local area. You can also find them at drugsture.com too.The are available in the following Shades:
- 05 Too Cool: Which has a frosty white satiny appearance with shimmer. This one my a great highlight on the inner corners of the eye or center of the eye lid.
- 15 Audacious Asphalt: Applies on creamy and smooth. It has a satiny appearance with shimmer. This will work well alone or as a base in order to intensify your eye look.
- 35 Tough As Taupe: Is a matte muted grayish purple appearance. This is a great base to create a smoky eye with. Applies on very smooth.
- 30 Pomegranate Punk: My FAV!! This one is also satiny in appearance with a low shimmer. The color is like a burgundy/purple tone. Again if you would like to seen a look with this one click “here” to see my tutorial.
- 20 Painted Purple: Is less dense then the other colors, so you will have to apply a couple of coats in order to create a bold look with this one. It’s appearance is a low satin purple shade.
- 40 Tenacious Teal: Is a bold one! Love it!!! This one is bright, satiny and shimmery too. Easy to apply like them all which is fabulous!
- 50 Edgy Emerald: True to color and satiny.
- 10 Fierce & Tangy: Goes on matte with shimmer to me. It is a bit thicker in texture, so with this one less is more.
- 25 Bad to the Bronze: Is beautiful, creamy and smooth. I like that it is not too brassy. It will be a perfect shade to wear during the summer months especially if you are a bronze goddess or course.
- 45 Bold Gold: This one is a little dryer compare to the others, but not to the point of non purchase. I love the color and the satiny appearance of them too. The one made a cameo in my Bollywood Inspired Makeup tutorial on YouTube! Click “here” to check it out.
I have to say I have tired many cream/shadow brands from MAC paint pots to Benefit Cosmetics cream shadows and many more. And, you will definitely spend from $17.50 and up for them. So, with that said I feel that the Maybelline Color Tattoos are totally comparable to the department store brands I mentioned. You can purchase all of them without breaking the bank which is awesome too me!
Now, let’s talk about the wear of these babies. I for one have oily eyelids, and with that said I was extremely amazed with the longevity of these eye shadows!! I work 8 hours day in addition to the application time before work and when I finally get ready for bed and wash off the makeup. These shadows last me all day long without creasing! I could not believe that a drugstore eye shadow has this much potential!! I also notice that when I was swatching them on my hands and then I went to wash them they did not wash off easily. I had to scrub them off which was awesome to me! If you would like to know the look I tested the longevity with check out my Valentine’s day Pomegranate Punk tutorial on YouTube! This look lasted all day long!
What the brand says about these cute little cream gel eye shadows:
Why You’ll Love It
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
High impact look:
Apply with fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards. For added drama, darken as desired.
Overall, I love the Maybelline color tattoo cream/gel eye shadows and I recommend them to all of my divas that enjoy long wear eye shadows. I for one would still recommend to wear a eye shadow primer if you have extremely oily eye lids. The only thing that I hope Maybelline will consider is to come out with some skin like tones and neutral shades in the future. I truly hope that launch more shades in the future because I would definitely purchase them again!
What are your thoughts divas? Share them by leaving your comments below!