Hey divas! How are you all today? I hope well and fabulous! Well. . . If you all follow me on facebook and twitter you all now that I recently went on my first ever Lush haul since they opened a new Lush store in the Austin area!! Yes, that's right my Austin Chameleon's there is a Lush store in our area it is located at:
Lush Fred Handmade Cosmetics, 1012 W. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78703, Phone: 512.524.4459
Otherwise if you don't live close to a Lush store you can shop LUSH Cosmetics by clicking the link provided. Some of you may ask what is Lush? Well Lush is a company the that creates Fresh Handmade bath and body products that are from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables. According to Lush they stand by the following:
We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
I was first introduced to Lush from Youtube. I am subscribed to Makeupdoll and MakeupbyTiffanyD and when I saw there video hauls on the amazing Lush I totally wanted to give them a try, but there was not Lush in my area at the time and when it comes to smell goods I have to see it touch it smell it before I buy at times. Later a few years back My hubby and I went to Vegas and there was a lush store there and let me tell you I wanted to go in and try and play, but my hubby's allergies was killing him, so that was a fail too!
It was not until recently, that I was on Facebook earlier this year and Lush announced that they were opening a store in Austin this spring. When I read that I was on cloud 9 which lead me to this amazing haul!! I went crazy and I did not mind too because the customer service was out of site!! The lady that helped me out was so kind and very informative. She gave me a tour of the store and honed in on what my favorite scent were and helped me find the perfect match for me.
My favorite scents are: Vanilla, Honey, Caramel, Gardenia, Jasmine, and anything sweet scented, so with that said I picked up the following:
- Butterball Bath Bomb: The Butterball is unassuming, but it's an all-time favorite with customers and staff alike. It smells of vanilla and delicious custard creams. It also has chunks of cocoa butter that melts in the water and moisturize the skin as you bathe. This one try does! It tested one with my son, he has very dry skin around his calf areas of his legs and when I placed this in the water there was an explosion of excited from my son when he say the bomb fizz up and the chuck of cocoa butter did melt and moisturize his skin! Even my hands and arms felt soft and hydrated too. This bomb sells for $4.95 and I purchased 2. One for me and one for my little man.
- Mrs. Whippy bath bomb, $4.95: I can not believe that I kept calling this one "Mr. Whippy" in the video, lol. But this one is described as powdered soya milk in the middle, so the water becomes extra softened when the Bath Bomb fizzes down to the centre. Jack Constantine created this one for his wife; he wanted a soothing, creamy bath that would relax her and leave her skin as soft as a vegan alternative to silk. Although she looks shamefully like a whipped strawberry meringue, Mrs. Whippy would be none too pleased if you took a bite! Instead, drop her in your bath water to fill your tub with delectable strawberry ice cream scented foam. Mrs. Whippy is a bit slow at fizzing, so she`s best for long indulgent soaks. Caution:This bath bomb is very fragile and could crack or crumble during shipping. But their performance in the bath will be as good as ever.
- Vanilla Fountain Bath Bomb, $6.25: Vanilla Fountain is a decadent desert bath made with vanilla absolute (the posh stuff made from pods) and rich tonka absolute. Inspired by lavish English deserts, it's comforting and deeply sweet, with notes of burnt caramel that last on your skin and waft through the house so you can enjoy it for hours. Simon Constantine invented this delicious new fragrance; we loved it so much we just had to have an entire fragrance line, and we got what we wished for! Layer on the vanilla! This is another bomb that explodes in the warm water and smells so yummy!!
- Honey I Washed The Kids Soap, $7.95: Once you've unwrapped this mouth-watering toffee scented soap, you'll immediately want to wash yourself all over with it – and then wash your honey, and then the kids and maybe even gran if she's lucky. With masses of honey and aloe, this delectable bar is perfect for washing the whole family, even those with sensitive skin. Topped with a slice of beeswax and infused with bergamot and sweet orange to lift spirits right up into honey-heaven. I love this one and I will definitely be purchasing this one again. I am almost out of this lovely!
- Bohemian Soap, $7.50: The lemon essential oil in Bohemian serves many purposes; it clears and refreshes your mind in the morning to help wake you up, it cleanses and tones skin (so it really keeps artistic types clean even if they can't afford a hot bath very often), and it is said to help inspire creativity. One of our simplest, yet most beautiful creations, this is one of the first soaps LUSH ever made. Man! Do I love this one too especially when I want that lemony fresh feeling! It almost smells as yummy as a lemon custard pie. Hummm. .
- Creamy Candy Bubble Bar, $7.25: For fluffy white mountains of creamy, candy-scented bubbles, crumble a Creamy Candy Bar under running water and climb in. This sweet, pink,heavenly treat smells like a vanilla candy and is sure to make you smile. It smells delicious and contains cocoa butter and almond oil for supremely softened skin. If you need a pick-me-up, you're sure to be delighted by Creamy Candy. If you love Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy you will love this one. I love the fact that when I broke this bar apart and dropped it into the running water the most beautiful and frothy bubbles were created! This is also next on my list to buy again. I will also have to find a bubble bar for my son! He would love to see how this bar create bubbles!! Science!
- Heavanilli Massage Bar, $9.95: Lush loved the smell of Vanillary so much we just had to put it in everything, and the thought of rubbing a cocoa butter Vanillary scented massage bar all over ourselves got us quite excited. So we infused the bar with sweet and seductive vanilla and tonka bean absolute for a rich and sexy massage. We like to rub this all over ourselves, dust with Vanilla Puff duster and walk around sniffing our own arms and legs; you've been warned, it's what Vanillary does to you. I love this bar because my body is drier than my face however if you have oily skin you may want to buy the powder that goes with this one for a semi matte finish to your skin!
- Sweet Lips lip scrub, $8.95: Sweet Lips is the lip scrub for chocolate fanatics. It smells like a bar of creamy milk chocolate. Vanilla extract keeps your lips moisturized, castor sugar gently exfoliates, and the rich, deep fragrance of cocoa absolute gives this an irresistible flavour. It's meant for exfoliating and softening your lips, but it's rather tasty too. Rub it over your lips when they're feeling the need for some chocolate and sugar. They are not kidding when they say this scrubs is tasty! When I exfoliated by lips and tasted it man does it taste like a chocolate candy! Makes me feel like I am cheating on my diet, lol.
Overall!! I enjoyed my haul and experience with the Lush store in Austin and I totally recommend for you to experience it yourself. This would totally be a great girls afternoon out on the downtown Austin for shopping and such! I know I will be visiting the store again in May to replenish my favorites and maybe try some new ones too!!
My First Lush Haul Video