Valentine's day is right around the corner and my creative brain was already thinking of some fun eye shadow tutorials that you could wear on that special day with you special someone. You all know that I am sponsored by Raving Beauty Cosmetics, which is one of my favorite affordable mineral eye shadow cosmetics company online and every month I get a chance to review some fun products that I truly stand behind. For my selection for January I decided to pick out the most beautiful shades that would be perfect for Valentine's day and beyond!
According to Raving Beauty Cosmetics the shades of the following characteristics:
- Light Pink: Is a very soft pale pink shade with a medium sheen. When you rub is against your skin, it blooms with a purplish pink iridescent glow. Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, and Carmine. If you are allergic to carmine you may want to pass on this one. My thoughts this shadow packs a lot of color when using the wet dry brush or a shader brush. I thought is was going to be a sheer shadow, but packed on a lot of color.
- Sugar Berry: A violet shade of pink. Ingredients: Ultramarines. As you can see in this photo sugar berry is very pigmented for sure. I love the intensity of this matte shadow.
- Smoked Amethyst: A subdued, blackened purple with after sheens of a bright fuchsia pink. Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine and Iron Oxide. (If you are allergic to carmine you may want to pass this one buy. Smoked amethyst I had to layer to get the intensity you see in this photo. Overall it is a beautiful shimmery shadow.
- Divine Wine: Has a blue burgundy, maroon hue. Ingredients: Iron Oxide. This shade is matte and perfect for the crease color or a smoky eye look as well.
I also received a wet dry shadow brush from Raving beauty cosmetics. This brush gives you the ability to great a foiled look on the eye lid. I felt it resembled a shader brush because this brush made it easy to pack on a lot of color and for the price of $7.25 is it an awesome brush to use if you do not want to spend a lot of money on makeup brushes and not sacrifice quality.
- Made with Goat Hair
- Overall length: 5 inches
- Bristle length: 3/8 inches
- Bristle width: 3/8 inches
- Made with the finest natural hair bristles.
- Handles are made with eco-friendly, sustainable; Birch handles w/alloy ferrules.
Overall, I had a great time playing with them and decided to create two looks with the shadows received. Which one would you like to be the next tutorial I create for youtube? It is your time to choose! Leave a moment below on which look you would like for me to create for my Valentine's day tutorial. Look #1 or Look #2
I can't wait to see what you all chose. Hopefully my voice will be back so that I can film this video before Valentine's Day. Keep your fingers crossed!!