It has been a long time since I have done a MAC collection haul since the sugar sweet collection came out! I love some of the MAC collections that they create. I feel that they put a long of artistry into each collection which drives me to got try them out. The latest collection from, To The Beach”, is perfect to jump start the summer. What inspired me to go out and purchase some of the collection was this beautiful face chart for the look called Temperature rising.
When summer comes I just die for warm oranges, golds and anything that is hot and scorching, lol. So, this look drove insane to purchase the eye shadows so that I can recreate the face chart with the colors for the eyes and then I would incorporate makeup from my existing collection. Another reason why I decided to purchase this look is because a lot of my followers on twitter suggested to try this look to, so that I can create a fun step by step tutorial for my youtube channel (NHOP76) too! So, you know I can not wait to create a video for this one. My haulage is as follows:
- The MAC Bronzing Powder is in shade: Bronze, I just needed a darker bronzer for summer since my skin is a bit darker from being outdoors. I like this shade and recommend it is you are a NC42 which is my shade in most of MAC’s foundations.
- MAC eye shadows: 1 is from the MAC ‘To the Beach’ Eyeshadow which is called firecracker. It is a veluxe pearl that is softly pigmented with a orange/gold tone, very pretty. I want to purchase the sand and sun eyeshadow, but that one was sold out online and in store, so the MAC lady recommend to purchase the soft brown matte shadow that was pretty close to the collection color. The other two colors I picked up was ORB and Brown Script. I did not purchase the blue eyeliner because I have one in my makeup collection by Urban Decay that is pretty color.
- MAC Paint Pot: Painterly. I swear everyone on youtube uses this paint for a base, so I guess I am too, lol. But this paint pot is AWESOME!! I does not crease and I have been using this one all weekend long! Love it!!
- MAC ‘To the Beach’ Nail Lacquer: Scorcher. I love a hot orange in the summer time and this one was perfect for my short and chic nails.
- MAC 217 Blending Brush: I wanted another blending brush that was not as fluffy as my 224 brush. So, I will be using that in newer tutorials too!
Larger Swatches of the eye shadows:
All of the shadows are nicely pigmented, so no complaints about this collection at all. If you were looking to check out this look from the collection I hope that this blog post helped you out. You know that you can always find this collection at your nearest MAC counter otherwise I know for sure that if you do not live close to a MAC store of counter you can purchase MAC online at their website or ifyou shop at nordstroms online you can also purchase MAC Cosmetics there too. Anyway, I again hope that you enjoyed this post and a video will be on it’s way very soon 🙂