Hey my beauty chameleons! It has been a while since I have done a makeup haul of any sort and today this post if for all of my NYX Cosmetics lovers! If you all follow me on twitter (twitter.com/beautychameleon) you may remember me tweeting that cherryculture.com was having an amazing Memorial Day weekend sale of 20% OFF your entire purchase. I was contemplating to purchase some things because I really wanted to try some more of NYX cosmetics especially there cream blushes for summer. So after contemplating I decided to not only purchase some cream blushes, but also some fun and excited bright colors to wear during the summer for lips and nails too! So hence a NYX haul began.
NYX is a wonderful brand of cosmetics that is affordable and trendy at the same time. If you are a follower of Ru Paul’s Drag Race you may have noticed that NYX was the featured brand that they used on the show, and make was I amazed at some of the looks the drag queens created with this nice quality brand that is also available to the public at affordable pricing. If you would like to learn more about the brand NYX “click here”.
My first introduction to NYX was from a collegue at work that showed me her amazing eye look and she told me what brand she used and when she mentioned NYX I was like, who? This is almost 2 years ago I can remember. So I went to my local premium outlet here in the Round Rock area and visited the Fragrance Outlet store that carries NYX cosmetics in store. I picked up a few thing back then and I was amazed! The quality adn the price was fabulous for a makeup junkie that wants quality make-up, but not at the designers prices. So, as a result, my NYX fetish grew.
What I decided to purchase was some beautiful brights for this summer season. I wanted to create some looks that would complement a natural eye in a fun way, so I pick up the follow groupings.
I love how fierce a bright orange lips and cheek can brighten the face and look so fab! In this grouping the colors are as follows:
- NYX nail polish in Sunset BLVD: I had to apply 3 coats to get the look you see in this photo, so hence this is a sheer polish.
- NYX lip liner pencil#824 Orange: I like to used this as a lip color or as a base to a lipstick. This shade is nicely pigmented for sure!
- NYX #638 Lip Smacking Fun Colors in Sunflower: This lipstick is lightly pigmented and a beautiful finish for a bright lip color
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Orange: This is a soft sheer cream blush that is build-able and gorgeous! I can not wait to create a look based off this grouping!!
All of the products can be found at CherryCulture.com
The next Grouping are my pinks!! I am loving pinks again. I used to hate wearing pink when I was growing up, but now I am a girly girl and love pinks!
If you have been a subscriber to my youtube channel during the christmas holiday you may remember the pink lips. I loved this color so much I purchased it again because I gave it away. Yet another fun summer bright for those that are fans of pinks.
- NYX Nail Polish in Dolly Pink: I used 2 coats of this polish to achieve the look in the photo above! This color I got a lot of compliments on and I would totally recommend this one!
- NYX lip liner pencil in #835 Pinky: You can also wear this one alone or add gloss
- NYX Black Label Lipstick Cancun Pink! LOVE IT!! Very pigmented and fun!
- NYX Cream Blush in Hot Pink: Another bright yet sheer color to brighten the cheeks.
The last grouping are purples. I had to channel my inner Prince, “Purple rain, Purple rain”, lol. I look violets and purples. They are bright and flirty! It took me a while to get used to wearing this color, but once the fear of being too bright and a few compliments the fear was gone.
Now this grouping was a challenge. According to the website’s swatches I thought the nail polish color would have been closer to the lip color, but I guess not. So that was a downer for this grouping. Also the purple reign lip pencil was not as pigmented as the other too liners so I was not jumping off my chair with one. Overall, I wish they would have had a cream blush to go with this grouping. So, when I create a look of of this one I will use my MAC vintage grape blush with this look. It think it will be a perfect pair up.
- NYX #838 Purple Rain Lip pencil: again not so pigmented, but can still work for this look. Still nice and bright. I will just have to beat the heck out of this one, lol.
- NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick in Pandora: Is very pretty with it blue base mix
- NYX Nail Polish in Techno: Is not what I thought it would have been, but it is actual a fun color to wear when applied with 2 coats.
More Swatches of the Lip, Cheek and liner products:
All in all, I was happy with my purchases from Cherryculture.com. At first I thought their shipping was going to be slow from what I heard on other youtube channels, but I received my products in less then 7 days. So, I was pretty satisfied. Overall, I like the products from NYX the quality reminds me of Sephora brand makeup for less. Anyway, stay tuned to my youtube channel NHOP76 their will be a video haul of these products and tutorials coming up soon for the 3 groupings too. Also let me know if there are other lip & cheek looks that you would like to see here on beautychameleon.com and on my youtube channel NHOP76 too.