Wearing the Halley's Curls salon relaxed hair is such a great experience especially when you are wearing hair that feels like the texture of your own relaxed hair. However, there comes a time when you must care for this hair as if it was your own. So, you may ask. . . How do I care for my hair and my extensions in order to elongate the life of the hair in between installs? Well, the answer is washing and conditioning the hair often! Yes, that's it! How often she you was your hair with sewn-ins to consider? Well, I would say at least 1-2 times a week! Yes 1-2 times.
Washing the hair is crucial because throughout the week we sweat oil into our hairs, the use of styling products and moisturizers used begins to build up and after a while you may not that your beautiful hair extensions are beginning to look dry, starting to breakout or shed and will not curl or style because of too much product build up. When that it is time to wash and condition your hair.
What products should you use on your Halley's Curls? Well, I read the product info at Halleyscurls.com and they gave some wonderful recommendations of products to use. I took that information and added a few other things that are working well for me.
- Deep Conditioning or Hot Oil Treatment twice a month: I used Alberto VO5 Hot Oil Weekly Intense Conditioning Treatment What they say about the product is:
Restores Silky Softness
Dramatically Revitalizes Hair
Saturate your hair with moisture and strengthen it up to 4x*, with VO5 Moisturizing Hot Oil. This vitamin and protein formula restores moisture to dry hair and helps reconstruct damaged strands. All in under one minute! And it's true after this washing and condition my hair fells so soft and shiny too! This will definitely stay in my hair care routine!
Shampoo: For the past month I have been using the Dove Therapy Intense Damage Repair Shampoo This shampoo smells so good and feels good on the hair too. What they say about this one: With Repairing Serum beautiful hair begins with protection and repair.
It For Hair That Has:
Hair with severe, accumulated damage, prone to breakage and split ends.
Intense Damage Therapy System
Repairs severe, accumulated damage by penetrating into the finest lines and breaks of every strand for intense hydration.
Strengthens each hair strand, reducing hair breakage and split ends.
Leaves hair healthy and strong from root to tip.
- Conditioner: I also use the Dove Therapy Intense Damage Repair Conditioner. This condition is also rich and not extremely heavy ecspecially since it is packed full of great ingrediant for the hair. What they say is the condition has a Patented Micro Moisture Serum and Fiber Active Advanced Care & Repair for Beautiful Hair. It helps reconstruct hair and prevent split ends and breakage. When your hair feels dry and breaks easily, or you're struggling with lots of split ends, it's time for Dove Intense Damage System. Reduce the split ends with our Expert damage care technology:
Intense Damage system with Fiber Actives deeply penetrates porous hair to reconstruct it from within.
Intense Damage system with Patented Micro Moisture Serum strengthens and nourishes hair from root to tip.
Did you know? Hair damaged on the inside is porous and weak, therefore more prone to breakage and splitting.
Intense Damage leaves hair strengthened and resilient to future damage.
- Leave In Conditioner: I use Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender & Leave-in Conditioner [8.oz] This is a new leave in for me. I purchased this one because of it ability to do the follow for my hair and the extension: Split End Mender & Leave-in Conditioner Boost that ego and save your hair! This split end mender and leave-in conditioner mends and protects dry, damaged hair from environmental elements, chemical treatments, shampooing and brushing. Another product I will put in my hair when the weather is humid is the Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream, 4-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3) this products is great for reducing the frizz in this hot Texas heat.
- Heat Protectants: I think it is important to use a heat protectant spray because hot the heat that will be used on the hair to blow dry and style with a heating appliance. The heat protectant I use isNexxus Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml).
- Moisturizing: I will use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion I like that this lotion is light weight and non greasy. It also helps with giving the hair a beautiful shine and protects hair from heat damage.
- Sealing With Oils: To seal my hair I use Avlon KeraCare Essentials Oils for the Hair. I love the smell of coconut and the other essentials oils in this product. If give my hair a great shine with only using a size of a dime. Honest you do not need a lot of this product. This bottle last me 1 full year!!
- Gels: For gels I use Ampro Pro Styl Protein Styling Gel to hold do the ends of my hair.
All in all these are the steps I have been using on my hair for the past month and I am enjoying using the less expensive brands on my hair of course with the exception of Kera Care and bed head. Anyway. I hope that this post was helpful to all of my hairnistas out there and if you have any questions or other favorite hair products that you would like share with us please leave a comment below!
Stay tunded my step by step tutorial will be coming soon!