Hey my beauty chameleons, if you follow me on youtube then you already have seen my video on how I care for my hair when I am wearing extensions/weave that have been sewn-in. Many subscribers of mine have been requesting a video on how I get my Milky Way’s Saga Gold Premium Yaky Remi hair weave to last so long without the matting and tangling. I honestly don’t do anything special, but following my hair care regime. For my weekly wash I use the following items:
- Shampoo: Either Kera Care’s detangling shampoo or Creme of nature’s detangling and conditioning shampoo. I love this because my hair and the extension are easier to wash and manage.
- Deep Conditioning: I use Carol’s Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie Conditioner to infuse moisture back into the hair and it also helps with detangling too.
- Leave-in Conditioner is usually Carol’s Daughter Tui leave in conditioner, but I am out and it was on back order, so I will use as an alternative the aphogee green tea re-constructor with is wonderful too.
- Moisturizer: I will use the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion. The instantly hydrates dry hair and you can use this when your hair begins to feel dry during the week too. I would not use this everyday, because it can weigh down your weave or extension. So just use it as needed.
- Oils: I love Kera Care’s Essential oils. It smells wonderful and it locks in the moisture and leave the hair feeling silky and shiny too. Also you this as needed too.
- Serums: I love CHI silk fusion I use this very sparingly to protect and seal the hair as well.
- Styling tools used: Gold N Hot Tourmaline Hair Dryer and T3 Bespoke Medium Duality Flat Iron.
So, overall I am not a professional hair stylist my any means. I just read books that educate and ask my stylist lots of questions too and I recommend you do the same because everyone’s hair is different. Anyway, if you would like to see my process on me using the items mentioned above feel free to watch my tutorial provided below.