Yesterday was better than expected! It was the first day of my diet changes and the first time I popped in the StretchX DVD from the P90X program. People! I totally recommend this workout, don’t skip it! If you are feeling sore from you other workouts in this program this is a must. The StretchX workout is about 58 minutes in length. Intially I thought the workout would be short in length because it was just a stretch workout, but know I understand why the workout is as long as it is. There are so many different muscles in our bodies that are challenged everyday with or without working and this DVD stretches every last muscle in your body. Man!! I needed this workout. Each stretch felt soooo good! I was sore from the previous workout and man today I feel great, relaxed and ready for cardio X!!
Anyway, my meal plan was delicious yesterday! I felt full with adding the extra protein with meat/dairy or protein powder. My meal plan was:
- Breakfast: Muscle Milk Protein Shake in Vanilla Creme with 1/2 banana, 1/2 serving of strawberries, milk and 1/2 cup of ice. It was delicious and packed full of protein!! Water
- Snack: Special K protein bar and water
- Lunch: Lean Cuisine’s Beef Chow fun 15g protein, then I added 2tbsp of protein powder 10g, 1 serving of soy nuts. Man was this meal filling. If I did not add the extra protein I most likely would have been hungry in a 1 or 2 of having this meal. So, it is needed for sure
- Snack: String cheese and water
- Dinner: chicken breast, green beans and butternut squash soup + 1tbsp of protein powder. The soup recipe from the P90X book, yuck!! I must not like butternut squash, it was gross and I will have to make a substitute for this one. I was grossed out! and of course water
So, all in all I felt satisfied and today I am no longer sore, so maybe the extra protein works and the recovery drink works too. I tried a sample of a friend of mines and I may have to get it too! We will see. But anyway. I better get to my cardioX before I get to work today. I hope that you all are doing well and please let me know how you are does thus far. P.S. my scale is moving a bit!! Excited!!