Hello my fitness chameleons! How are you all doing today? I hope well and ready to focus on getting in the best shape of your lives this new year. Well, today I had to do something thinking and re-evaluating of my current diet with P90X. A lovely subscriber to my youtube channel, name figuremom pointed out some interesting thoughts on my current diet with P90X. First, of all I thought my low fat diet would work well with this program, but after 3 weeks on it I am starting to wonder maybe not. Figuremom took a look at my diet and as it stands right now I am not intaking enough protein for this type of program. I kind of knew that could be part of my problem. The workouts I did while I was on nutrisystem was not as intense as P90X so the meal plan worked fine with that. But with the P90X program my body will need much more protein in order to maintain the workouts and to burn more fat efficiently. So, hence a trip to the grocery store for me. Before I talk more I just wanted to thank Figuremom so much for taking the time to check out my diet. I totally appreciate it so much and I am excited to see how the changes effect me. Thank you , Thank you 🙂
Before I went to the grocery store I re-read the the nutrition plan book and made up a list of things I did not have and went on a healthy food haul, lol. I am so used to saying makeup haul, lol 🙂 Anyway, the things I purchased was:
I already had my fridge stocked full of fruits, veggies and meats, but I needed a few more things. So I gathered some things I hope to find to be a key to my success:
- Some special K protein bars for my snack. I am still looking for a recovery drink, so if you have any suggestions let me know?
- Picked up my favorite Muscle Milk protein drink in vanilla creme
- Bob’s Red Barn Mill Soy protein powder
- Bulk of brown wild rice, couscous and soy nuts (I found these at H-E-B, wow!!)
- Cottage cheese and string cheese
- More chicken I was running low. I also will eat pork tenderloins, fish, and lean beef too!
This week will only use lean cuisines only if I was unable to prepare something, but I will make sure that is at a minimum. I think cooking the meal yourself will give you the control of knowing what is going into your meals.
My meal plan today: (My last meal plan the old way)
- breakfast: Special K cereal and blackberries and water
- Snack: Special K cereal bar
- Lunch: Protein Shake and banana, water
- Snack: Soy nuts (I had to try them, lol. Not bad), water
- Dinner: Pork tenderloins, sweet potato, green beans and water
Well, I am out for today. Before the grammy’s come on I will be doing my core synergistics workout. Chat soon, Tasha 🙂