Concealer. . . One of the most used makeup products used in the beauty industry. Many people are always on a hunt for concealer to cover up imperfections like breakouts, discolored skin, and the most popular under eye circles. Like many, I am always on the hunt for a concealer that will cover my imperfections like under the eye especially during allergy season. It never fails that when allergy season comes around my under eye becomes puffy, red and dark. In addition to the issues listed my fine lines underneath my eyes became more visible. So, with that said I need a concealer that will meet the needs listed.
I currently own many concealers that work very well for concealing imperfections like MAC cosmetics Studio finish, Smashbox camera ready concealer and Stila perfecting concealer, however none of them are like the concealer I am going to share with you today. The concealer I will be talking about is the TEMPTU Under Eye Concealer that is a perfect companion for those of you that already use the Temptu AIRbrush Makeup System.
The Temptu under eye concealer is unique in it one way compared to the concealers I already own. How? Well this concealer conceals and also has some amazing skincare combined with it. What is it? What's in it?
According To Temptu These Are the Key Benefits:
- Diamond Core with Luminera Complex: A diamond Core complex that transforms UV light into photoluminescence creating a soft-focus glow effect dramatically reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration
- Smoothing Complex: A silicone in water formulation that provides hydration and smoothing for the under eye area, blending seamlessly with the Temptu airbrush and retouch formulas
- Antioxidants Vitamins C & E: Scavenge free radicals in the skin that destroy collagen and elastin
- Vitamin K: Minimizes dark circles, puffiness and fine lines by combating the underlying cause of darkening in the skin
- Arnica Extract: Reduces inflammation and redness and restores suppleness to the skin
- Cucumber and Chamomile Extracts: Soothing, cooling and anti-inflammatory agents.
How to use the concealer:
- Of course apply your favorite skincare on freshly cleanse skin for before you apply any foundation or concealer.
- Use your favorite primer. If you have fine lines under the eyes it is a great idea to prime because the primer will help smooth out the fine lines and help your concealer to go on smoother
- Apply the Temptu Under eye concealer and use your ring finger to pat and roll the concealer on for a smooth application.
- Finally apply your Temptu Airbrush foundation for a flawless finish to your complexion.
- Then Set with Temptu Retouch Translucent powder.
My thoughts on this concealer? Well, I have been using this concealer for the past 3 weeks nows and here are my findings: During the days when my allergies were bad to the point my eyes were puffy I did notice that the Temptu under eye concealer did reduce the puffiness and redness. That was a plus to me because my eyes would look terrible with my regular concealer.
The coverage was a bit light for me. If you are used to using MAC's studio finish concealer you know that you can receive full coverage from that concealer, right? With the Temptu concealer I felt it gave me a light to medium coverage, so in turn I had to apply a bit more than normal to achieve the same coverage I get from my MAC or smashbox concealer. As far as seeing any reduction in fine lines and wrinkles I don't think 3 weeks was enough time for me to see that benefit. Just being honest.
The color match was pretty good! The tan worked great for me and the dark color I had would be a great companion if I got more sun. If that were to happened I could mix the too together to get the perfect match for my summer skin tone.
As far as the wearability, I was happy to say that the product did not get cakey or crease on me throughout the day. In turn my eyes look bright and refreshed.
Overall, I have to say that the TEMPTU Under Eye Concealer is priced on the high end of concealer, $28, and if you have the concerns with fines lines, puffiness, and discoloration definitely give it a try. However, if you are needing a full coverage concealer this may not be for you and you may just need to opt for a full coverage concealer and add on your favorite eye cream for the extra skincare benefit.
This Concealer can be foundation at Sephora.com., Temptu.com and QVC.com. I was shocked when I heard that QVC carried the Temptu airbrush system! I thought that was great because now if anyone wanted to give it a try without having to shelling all of your money in one big payment QVC offers easy pays on the system.